This fall we’ll be offering a fall farm share/ CSA (CSA stands for “Community Supported Agriculture”). The farm share will have biweekly pickups on Saturdays in November and December (11/5, 11/19, 12/3, 12/17). This is a great way to commit to eating locally as the seasons change, and experience the late-fall bounty. It’s hard to beat tomato season, but late fall is one of the tastiest times for eating local veggies–tons of frost-sweetened greens, a wide variety of root vegetables, with fresh herbs and alliums (onions, shallots, leeks, and garlic) to heighten flavors. At each farm share pick up, you’ll get a box filled with freshly harvested produce and storage crops from our farm. We’ll also send out an email with each week’s share providing cooking suggestions and our recommendations for what to eat first/ what will keep longest, and how to store your produce to help it last as long as possible.
- Pick Up Dates: Saturdays 10am-2pm: Nov 5, Nov 19, Dec 3, Dec 17.
- Pick Up Location: our farmstand at 899 Stony Hill Rd, Wilbraham
- Cost: $150. Pay by Paypal/ credit card at check out, or by mailing a check to us at 899 Stony Hill Rd, Wilbraham, MA 01095. If you would like to pay using SNAP/HIP or arrange to pay in installments, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CSA registration will be open until Oct 31, or until we run out.
What’s in a share?
The contents of the share will vary each week, and you can expect ~10 veggies each week, including fresh leafy greens and storage crops like potatoes and carrots. We may supplement our own veggies with organic produce from other nearby farms in order to give you more variety (e.g. sweet potatoes, which we don’t grow ourselves). Here is an example of what the share might look like one week:
- half pound spinach, 3 lb potatoes, 2 lb sweet potatoes, 1 lb watermelon radish, 2 lb carrots, 1 bag salad mix, 1 bunch leeks, 1 bunch chard, 1 bunch rosemary, 1 head garlic